Samuel Ridsdale Snow (1849-1906) and Jane Louise Gallyot (1854-1937)
Samuel Ridsdale Snow (1849-1906)
Son of Francis Snow (1806-1879) and Charlotte Joanna Queiros in Cochin in 1830, Francis Snow was the Head Translator of the Travancore Appeal Court and Superintendent of Police at Quilon in the 1840s. He was born in Kent in 1860 and died on 4 November 1879 and is buried in Christchurch Trivandrum.
Born in Quilon in June 1849
Married in the Roman Catholic Church, Trivandrum Jane Louisa Gallvot (1854-1937)
Died of Septacaemia in Rangoon in 1906
They had 8 children
Buried with his wife in the Cantonment Cemetery, Rangoon
1. Victoria Charlotte Elizabeth Snow (1871-1953). Married Harry Ireland Henderson (1868-1946). They had two sons, (I) Fulton Ridsdale Henderson (1894-1941) Born on 3rd December 1918. Married Lillian Regel they had three children: 1.Dr Lionel Fulton Henderson (b.1918). Born 3 December 1918. Married Pamela Darley Smith. The had three children, Gloria Henderson, Sandra Henderson and Angela Henderson. 2. Thelma Henderson (b.1921). Born on 26 November 1921. Married Harold Kelly. The had five children. Pete Kelly, John Kelly, Priscilla Kelly, Sharon Kelly and Anita Kelly. 3.Douglas Henderson (b.1935). Born 13 December 1935. (II) Donald Henderson (b.1900) Born on 4 October 1900. Married Aileen Lucas and died in 1960. The had one daughter Peggy Henderson who married Mervyn Adams
2. Lambert Snow (22.12.1872 – 2.8.1908)
3. Ethel Snow (1878?-1961) Married (i) Edgar Oscar Cotton and (ii) William Rollins. 4 children. Esme, Vivian, Merlyn and Doreen.
4. Francis Snow (b.1880) Married Ethel Mariner. They had three children. Olive Snow (b.1.3.1900), Lawrence Snow (b.8.9.1908) and Sheila Snow (b.22.4.1910)
5. Henry Ridsdale Snow (b.31.10.1881) Married K. Stewart
6. Stella Louisa Snow (b.25.2.1883) Married F.M.McGregor (b.20.10.1880). They had four children.
(i) Gwen Louisa Snow who married John Vernon Watson.
(ii) Eric Wolfetone Snow (b.9.8.1909) who married Rosina Sully.
(iii) Stella Gladys Snow (b.23.8.1913) who married Alfred Michael Prothero, they had three children, Robert Prothero (b.30.5.1939) who married Angela Lewis, Stephanie Prothero (b.8.3.1949) who married Kenneth Woodcock, and Pauline Prothero (b.15.1.53) who married John Currien (d.1987)
(iv) John Hugh Snow, married Yvonne Summers
7.Anne Gertrude Snow (b.8.2.1885). Died young
8. Edward Ernest Snow (1886-1949). Married (1886-May McGregor (1886-1949). They had four children. (i) Phyllis Snow married JackVilliers. (ii) Heather Snow married Fondse. (iii)Dudley Snow who married Gladys Bowers and (iv) Trevor Snow.